Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Bushwack Peak With my bud Lloyd Fergeson

Well hot dang, I need be gettin' some hikin' picks up for all you people out there. My bud Lloyd Fergeson and I decided to scale a big ol' rock outside of Jasper, Oregon. Here's what happened.

So, Lloyd and I got out to Jasper and spied this rock just juttin' out of the ground. I said to Lloyd "Looky there, you old dog, that looks like something I want to climb."

Lloyd responded, "yep"

So we just got some gear, got a big ol' knife and started down a loggin' road.


Lloyd brought his camera along to document the hike. Here he is posing.
The Machete for cuttin' bushes and what not.

Well, After we hiked down the road for a while, we found a clearing with deer tracks everywhere. So we scurried up that darn hill! Good grief was it a steep one too! It felt like 90 degree incline! Anywho, we got to the top of the ridge and thought we were probably close to the summit. HA! No sir ree bob! we still had at least five or six furlongs to go.

Here I'd be at the top of the first ridge.








Here we are going to a big rock that was just out there.




I'm about to make that rock mine!


The view from the rock was brilliant. Wish I could take it home with me.
So after the big ol' rock just sittin' there, we kept going down dat der ridge to get to the summit. There was a crud ton of bushes and brush we had to go get through, but once we got through dem, it was smooth sailin'!

Yep, there are cliffs there. Here I am lookin' down one. All I remember was thinking "SHOOT DANG SON!"

After want seemed like 2 hours, which it was, we made it to the summit. What a View!! You can see a bunch o' stuff everywhere. This is when Lloyd went camera crazy and tooka ton of photos. Here they are for your viewing enjoyment.







Lloyd is a dope!







Welp, thats about it!




No comments:

Post a Comment